Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap

Happy Belated Thanksgiving! And Happy Black Friday! Any of you shopping? I actually, am not. I've never really gotten into the whole hype with Black Friday. I have gone out a time or two just to witness the craziness. Usually, though, I prefer to head up the mountain and cut down a Christmas tree. But back to Thanksgiving, I decided on making the  Cornbread-Apple Stuffing I mentioned a while back.

It went over quite well!! Honestly, it could have been a meal all on its own (this one includes sausage as well). But as always, I just couldn't bear to stick 100% to the recipe. So if you're interested, here's what I did: extra bell pepper & onion and I added dried cranberries (right before baking).  Next time around if I were to make it for a complete meal, I would use more sausage and more apples as well. But overall, an awesome dish. Then at the last minute waiting for everyones dishes to cook, I took a stroll through my in-laws backyard and brought a little more color inside.


Berry branches (not sure of the real name here), leaves & some lemons. It was a quirky little mix, just wish those lemons didn't float. A little floral foam probably would have helped. But I think the lemons & yellowed leaves kept the whole thing from looking too much like a hollie-berry Christmas arrangement. Well, how was your Thanksgiving? Try anything new? Have any last minute additions?? Hope it was a great time with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment