Friday, May 9, 2014

Home Made Croutons

I feel silly even calling this a recipe. I mean its so ridiculously simple, but it involves ingredients and its edible so it is a recipe. It's also silly spending $5.95 for 'artisan' croutons, I mean how hard can be to toast bread??! While I've had decent motivation to make these for a while, but the whole concept of leftover bread wasn't entirely realistic in our household. A fresh, herby loaf of bread is like gold, amiright?! 

But this week, I finally did it. I saved half a loaf of potato rosemary bread. That is the hardest part of this entire recipe actually. From there, just chop it up, add some more dried herbs (ahem, garlic), toast in olive oil over medium heat. I let mine cool on a paper towel to soak up any excess oil. Truthfully, they are tad over salted but most of my family smothers their salads in ranch dressing anyways so they'll likely never notice! 






The whole process took under ten minutes. Even with the extra salt, they're so super yummy. I'm totally making these again! 




No comments:

Post a Comment