Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Keepsake Quilt

I guess all quilts are keepsakes though right? I mean hopefully, assuming you love it truly and deeply? In my quilting spree, I had another baby girl on the brain.. My friend Ashley's daughter Edith! Except this time around it wasn't girly pink in order, Edith shares a woodland room with her big brother Byron. So the challenge was to create a feminine, woodsy quilt. Yellow, white and green it was!



This quilt was made in twin size and used a lot of the fabric I've gathered and stored. The quilt top was made of four rows alternating squares and rectangles and a few fillers and appliqued squares for extra visual interest. I found the perfect soft yellow flat sheet in queen size for the backing and binding. I again hand tied this one together. One of these days I'll break down, buy the walking foot and expand my horizons. Until then, here is the princess herself! 


Isn't she just precious?? Her mother says it makes the perfect play mat while she grows into it! Win!


No comments:

Post a Comment