Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Nursery, Names & DIY!

We are in full swing planning and demo-ing for our little man's nursery! First and foremost, we've officially decided he will be named Luke! It's made such a huge difference to have a name for him now! Cody's family has a tradition of using the fathers name as the first son's middle name, Cody is Cody Stephen and Luke will be Luke Cody! I love naming traditions, but I also think its important for a child to have their 'own' name. The middle name is the perfect blend of both for us!

I've also started making a blanket, I figure I have plenty of time to unravel and re-stitch as needed so this one has even edges. I found the idea here and I love how thick the three strand crochet technique is!

We have also begun the nursery! It needs some messy work before all the fun stuff. Currently it looks like this:


Cody and my dad are working on replacing the window, the new window will be (double paned!) standard height of either 48" or 36" (not sure yet) instead of its current 52". Luke is also getting insulated walls. Lucky boy. We also have new trimwork for the door, closet, window & baseboard on the list. And maybe a new ceiling fan. Once the walls are done, I am almost certain we will be going with the below Behr paint color.


I couldn't really connect with any of the nursery 'themes' I looked at. And I looked at A LOT. So I decided to go more color based instead! I love a bold boys room. So we are keeping the walls neutral so things like a rug, bedding & wall art and be the attention getters in the room. Besides our son of course! A few of the items I have my sights on...

Pinned Image 
This handmade teddy bear.

Pinned Image
This baby quilt.

Pinned Image
This plush rug.

For a splash of green, I found these adorable prints too! I think I would swap the yellow snail for a gray background, luckily this Etsy shop allows any color swap you could ask for!


Pinned Image


And lastly, if I can find an affordable wagon, I would love to create in this shelving unit!

Pinned Image

I am a sucker for little red wagons right now. They're like cuter than puppies--don't tell my dogs I said that!






1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery ideas! So excited for you and this fun project you are all working on!

    ReplyDelete