Friday, March 14, 2014

Avocado Cilantro Hummus

Its almost avocado season for us again! We were given this great recipe book for what to do with our over flowing abundance of avocados and I made this recipe with frozen avocado from last year. Truthfully, we have become avocado snobs, so anytime I use frozen avocado it has to be enhanced pretty heavily for our now snobbish taste. I feel like this happens anytime you have the real deal, like how home made pasta trumps all? 

Gather:
1 Avocado, chopped
1-15oz can garbanzo beans, drained
4 tsp.Tahini
1/2 cup Olive oil
1/3 bunch of Cilantro
1 Jalapeno, seeded
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Tapatio, to taste
Salt, to taste



Puree ingredients in food processor. I used a blender since my food processor is baby food sized, I may need to change that. My blender struggled a bit and I ended up adding more oil and tahini to help my blender out. And so my hummus wasn't a true smooth and creamy hummus. It was more of a thick dip. But I still loved and totally recommend it!



No comments:

Post a Comment