Monday, February 24, 2014

Work Wear

I am still easing back into my pre-pregnancy wardrobe, and becoming more ok with not all of it fitting again. I'm pretty sure I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight but my hips man, they don't lie. I definitely had a baby. I don't know how much I weigh, because I don't own a scale--seeing those numbers is a mind game I just don't need to play. I know I'm better off putting my energy to a balanced diet and regular exercise. 

I started taking a quick snap of what I wear to work every morning mostly so I can remember what I wore to work the day before. Amazing the things that get blocked from your memory when life gets full. I didn't plan on blasting these to the internet so please excuse my "no smiling, need one more cup of coffee" face! 







If you think I have style, THANKS :) Here's how I just tricked you into that thinking that was true:

-Start with a neutral, basic top & pants or skirt
-Add something (or two)

My "add something" tends to revolve around chunky sweaters (office buildings are always cold!) and neckwear (scarf or bling). I've amassed a pretty decent collection of sweaters, jackets, scarves, ballet flats and bling. And a lot of it was thrifted, clearanced or clothes swapped. I've learned that a cheap t-shirt looks so much better in a neutral, and to announce my love for turquoise through a necklace instead. Often times I pick my featured accessory first and then I choose what to wear behind it. Think of that piece as art, how would it be featured in a gallery? Choose the background (the rest of your clothes) to enhance it not distract from it. 

And everyday is one day closer to the next clothes swap! 12 more days...!





No comments:

Post a Comment