Monday, March 26, 2012

Banana Bread

The gloomy rain this weekend called for some comfort food. I've been stashing bananas gone bad in our freezer (the sweetness of black bananas is a must!) for a day that called for Banana Bread. I followed this recipe (but only used half of the sugar since blackened bananas are so sweet).


I like to give a 'healthy' sprinking of cinnamon & sugar to top of the loaves as well. It gives a great sweet crunch to the top of the bread.


Side story: My dad used to tell us that brown sugar came from the black spots on bananas. Which meant we all fought over the spotted bananas instead of fighting for the perfect ones. Sneaky. Smart.


And I absoultely must eat mine topped with peanut butter. Yum.





2 comments:

  1. The things dads say...

    And really, peanut butter? I suppose that's not too far-fetched since some people eat pb & banana sandwiches. You're the first I've seen eat banana bread like that though. :) It's all good, everyone's got their thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't knock it ya try it!! :)

    ReplyDelete