Friday, March 2, 2012

Button Jewelry: Take 2

Wahoo! I found a glue to finally get this job done! Five-minute epoxy is my new best friend. Try it, you will be in love too. After my first attempt, I was a bit defeated about which glue to use. I mean Krazy glue is supposed to glue everything, right? Wrong. My button jewelry fell apart within hours. My father-in-law suggested I use five-minute epoxy, so I gave it a shot and it worked wonderfully.


The supplies:
Buttons
Jewelry bases/bobby pins
Epoxy resin
Epoxy hardener
Toothpick
Memo pad
Wire cutters (cut the tab off the back of buttons)

Combine a dime size of resin and hardener right next to each other on your memo pad/post-it pad and stir together with toothpick until mixture is clear (glue won't soak through). Then just dab a little onto whatever you're gluing together and let it dry. 

Which is like 5 minutes--hence the name Five Minute Epoxy!

Results: lots of fun accessories (rings, earrings & bobby pins so far).




So basically I am slightly button crazed right now, they're the best thing since sliced bread for shirts & sweatshirts and jewelry. All you pretty buttons better run for the hills. I've got my wire cutters, glue, needle and thread.
 And I am coming after you!



No comments:

Post a Comment