Friday, July 27, 2012

I like too many things...

My decorating style/signature color identity crisis is in full swing again. My plan to pick up 'jump-starter' items means I have several items that I'm not sure how to relate & pull together. Definitely don't want to be living in a museum, "And the dining room is our bohemian room, and the bedroom is the beach room.." So I thought I would share what I've purchased so far and give you all the opportunity to tell me if I am insane or not. My guess is that I'm not the only one who has dealt with this sort of mega crisis.





The top three I've shared in earlier posts. This picture above was a $12 impulse moment at The Salvation Army. I walked out with 6 woven, oval place mats, a red wire tray and table runner.

 Yep, pretty much all over the place, huh? I know the saying is over-used, but if this isn't a first world problem then I don't know what is! And then just today I came across a few more items, lucky for them (or me?) they were on the larger and more expensive side so they didn't come with me. I completely love this chunky wooden framed mirror. Oh and since this is about as close as I've gotten to an outfit post in a while--the shirt I'm wearing is the latter half of June's clothing allowance. It's a wannabe-silk racer-back from Target and cost me $8.99. And now I'm noticing those jeans were part of my $5 jean-a-palooza and my nude heels are also both from Target. But back to home decor...




Now I'm not sure I'm a papasan person, but I was super excited to stumble across this cushion in Pier1. It has every color in it. And it doesn't give the kindergarten classroom vibe either! I see a light at the end of the tunnel.








No comments:

Post a Comment