Friday, February 7, 2014

Overnight Breakfast Souffle

A couple of weeks ago, Cody and I hosted brunch for his brothers birthday. Cody's grandma suggested this recipe since its insanely easy to make and most of the work is the night before the gathering. Which means I had time to curl my hair and put on eyeliner day of the party! 

Gather:
5 slices of buttered bread
5 Eggs
1/2 tsp Dry mustard 
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups Milk
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb ground breakfast sausage or bacon
(or 1 can of mushroom soup if you'd like to go meatless)
9x13 baking dish

Cube your bread (I used sourdough) and spread evenly in the greased baking dish. Whisk eggs, mustard, salt and milk together. Pour evenly over the bread and sprinkle the cheese on top. Cover tightly and let it sit overnight in your fridge.




In the morning brown the sausage (or bacon) on your stovetop, I used ground chorizo, it smelled & tasted amazing! Especially fitting since I used shredded mexican style cheese instead of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle the ground sausage or chopped bacon on top. If you're going with the meatless option, pour the mushroom soup over the pan just before baking. Bake at 350' for 40 minutes and enjoy! One recipe should feed 10-12, but since our 10-12 includes 8 men over six feet tall and two hundred pounds each, I made 2 batches.





No comments:

Post a Comment