Saturday, April 23, 2011

Style Quiz!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE THINGS! I usually get quite a variety of labels which leaves me confused. But I always take the next one I come across thinking "this is it!" My one foundation is that I never, ever, ever get MODERN. Well at least that's taken care of. This quizzy breaks it down by percentage, which is perfect for an indecisive individual like myself! Check it out at sproost.com!!

 I got 38% Nantucket Style (AKA Beach style)
84

38% Rustic Revival (can't hide the country side of me!)
Rustic Revival

And 24% Southwestern--this was a fun little surprise! But it does tie in nicely with Rustic Revival, think iron, leather, riding horses...yep I'll take it!
99

Now I just need to tie it all in together for a Nantucket/Rustic/Southwestern home...

I am noticing a few similarities, neutral bases/couches/walls (although I have always envisioned owning a denim couch someday, I will figure out a way to work that in somehow) with splashes of easy-on-the-eyes colors in pillows, rugs & accessories. Natural light, some symmetry, mirrors, fireplaces, a genuine 'lived in' look. And lots and lots of wood furniture, architectural details & craftsmanship throughout. This will justify my obsession with flea markets and vintage shops! Just gotta come up with a cool name for it! American Eclectic? That'll do for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment