Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Personalities

Decorating and/or carving pumpkins is just one of those things you must do in the fall. We had planned to host a carving party/bbq over this past weekend, but had to cancel at the last minute due to a dirtbike crash. Cody's hanging in there. No broken bones, SO THANKFUL FOR THAT. But he did a number to his hip and it will take some time for him to feel like himself again. I did manage to squeeze in some pumpkin time with Emily so at least the front porch is ready for passing out candy!



(Emily's first pumpkin on the far left!)





I stocked up on supplies--costume faces, mustache stickers, ribbon, tacks, etc.-- at the dollar store (not the best carving knives by the way..but I guess I should have figured that!). After carving one pumpkin, I decided the other two would just be embellished. It got cold outside and I'm a whimpy Californian. 

Luckily, the one pumpkin I carved had a lot of pumpkin seeds for roasting!


Unluckily, I burnt the pumpkin seeds. I blame the new issue of BH&G. I got all settled with a cup of tea and completely forgot I had something in the oven.


So how is your fall going? Burnt anything lately? I do have two new recipes that I managed to cook properly coming soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment