Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Warm Pasta Salad

I fell in love with this dish at a local restaurant and decided it was time I try to make it myself. True to form, I changed it up a little. Tomato Thyme makes this dish with bacon, I substituted that with Aidell's chicken sausage (Sun Dried Tomato-Basil to be exact). 


My 'recipe' is exactly what you see here, pasta, spring lettuce mix, chopped squash, parmesan cheese and chicken sausage. I cooked the sausage and pasta and then combined those into a large bowl with the raw lettuce mix and squash mixed with a bit of olive oil. It was hot enough that with a few minutes under a pot lid the veggies softened up perfectly. A sprinkling of parmesan cheese and black pepper and you are good to go! I have a habit of adding veggies to every pasta dish. Cauliflower and broccoli absorb your chosen sauce just as well as pasta and a little more fiber never hurts!






No comments:

Post a Comment