Thursday, January 24, 2013

Drab to Cheery

We received this file cabinet from Cody's dad a few weeks ago. I was going back and forth over the thousands of ideas to pretty it up on Pinterest. But after reading this post, I decided to use my rejected color of 'oops-paint' we purchased for my workbench in the garage. I used a spraycan for primer (in gray) and then brushed on two coats of a non-name paint in satin finish. While painting it I kept thinking of school busses, so its pretty yellow. A deep golden-rod yellow. I'm excited to get it next to my lemon souffle bench. I promise this room will not be all yellow, but its such a cheerful color this time of year.





I didn't bother to paint inside the label holders since I will be putting in labels. Now to get it into my chic shop so I can start organizing in there! What have you prettied up with paint lately? I think I'm on the verge of painting everything I own, I have colors picked out for a few more projects. So if you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm alive and well and singing 'painting the roses red'!

Five points if you can name that movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment