Monday, August 27, 2012

Beer Battered Shrimp Tacos

They're just as amazing as the name sounds. I don't completely remember the recipe (I lost my notecard!) but I think I figured it out, at least it was close. My cousin Ashley taught us about these taco treats when we were roommates last summer. Basically you thaw & remove the tail of the shrimp (I bought pre-cooked, de-veined shrimp just to makes things a bit easier). Then dredge them in a batter of beer, flour, garlic and a little black pepper. Finally, coat them in flour (you can sprinkle more garlic here too) and fry, fry away!




Here's the crucial part. Eat these tacos with mayonnaise. Yes, you read that correctly. I was completely skeptical when I first got those instructions too. Just.Try.One. Lay your shrimp in a corn tortilla, drizzle mayo and salsa on top. 


So what's your favorite "weird" taco topping? Or rather, what odd taco toppings have you tried? It's not a topping, but I did try lengua last summer. With a different cousin. I have some strange cousins.






1 comment: