Sunday, December 29, 2013

Practical Christmas Gifts

Christmas gifts are hard. I always struggle trying to think of what each loved one will truly use and appreciate. I mean, we all have everything we need! I wish Christmas was more like Thanksgiving. Just a fun time of being with family and not focused on 'whadja get?!' Shifting my shopping to handmade items and making gifts myself definitely helped me feel less, in the words of Charlie Brown, commercialized. This year we gave a blend of handmade and purchased gifts: scarves (also available in my Etsy shop), framed newborn photos of Luke for the grandparents & great-grandparents, marinade sets & cash. 




I used my extra ornaments from the time capsule ornament DIY to make giving cash more festive!

For ideas on other handmade gifts, here's our Christmas gifts from 2010 and 2011. Last year was primarily food gifts, peppermint bark & persimmon goodies. Skin pampering treats have also been received well: body butter, sugar scrubs (plaincoffee).




No comments:

Post a Comment