Monday, December 16, 2013

Slow Cooker Spinach Dip

I recently (finally!) got my first crock pot! How I went without it for these past five years of marriage I do not know. I was seriously missing out! I've been trying lots of recipes in it and this was a super easy one for a crowd-worthy appetizer. 

Ingredients/Instructions: Equal parts cream cheese and sour cream. Big handfuls of shredded mozzarella and parmesan. Dice up artichoke hearts to bite size. Defrost desired spinach quantity and mix it all together in your slow cooker. Sprinkle granulated garlic to taste. Set on low heat for two hours.




I ended up adding more of each ingredient as everything melted down together. Tasting as I went of course! I made the app even easier by serving it with crackers instead of slicing a baguette. I've made this dish equally well as a baked appetizer but the oven is often in use during holiday get-togethers, so this was a great alternative!



No comments:

Post a Comment