Friday, December 13, 2013

Luke's Room: A Bold Boy Nursery

Thought you all would like to see a tour of Luke's nursery! I had a lot of fun (& luck!) finding bits & pieces to complete his room. As I mentioned before, the baby blue vibe just wasn't exciting me, so I went with bold colors, mainly blue and red. The rug was my jumping off point, and I almost lost it. Found the last one in the bay area in Antioch! Thank goodness Cody was working up there at the time :)









Where we got what:

Crib: hand-me-down ($0!)
Rug: World Market ($20 clearance score!)
Dresser: Craigslist ($20)
Rocking Chair: Already owned ($0)
Child-size Rocking Chair: Gift 
White & Wooden Picture Frames: Ikea ($9) 
Art: free printables & personal photos ($0)
(SF logo & Luke's nameplate handmade by Uncle Christian!)
Touchdown Canvas: Marshall's ($30)
Crib Bedding: Target & Etsy (all gifted)
Crochet Throw blanket: DIY'd (tutorial here)
Rocking chair throw: Ikea ($20)
Crib Mobile: DIY'd (Tutorial here) ($4)
 Book racks: spice racks from Ikea ($12)
Curtains: thrifted ($7)
Birth Stats Pillow: Gift (Shop link here)
Basket, toys & books: Gifts 
Shelves & Coat Rack: thrifted ($4.50)
Hamper: DIY'd (tutorial here thrifted supplies $8)
Canvas bins: Ross ($11)
Paint: Sharkey Gray by Martha Stewart ($48)
Trim, Baseboard, Electrical Covers: $65

Total: $238.50

Cody also insulated the walls & installed a new double-pane window ($325, Milgard brand). Luke's room is now the most energy efficient in the house! We would still like to tinker around with the closet, the track is bent so the doors will never slide quite right as is. We are also planning to replace the ceiling fan and add more shelving in the corner between his dresser and crib. But we are super happy with how it all turned out! We didn't really set a budget for the room, it was more 'find things we like and spend as little as possible'! All of these purchases were made over the course of my pregnancy (ok so I had secretly stored a couple items before getting preggo!). Picking up just the right things over nine+ months was also crucial in keeping his room very affordable! And I loved the thrill of the hunt and ended up with lots of thrifted and handmade items to fit my vision! I also can't overlook the generosity we received in gifts and hand-me-downs either! Did I mention Luke is the best dressed kid I've ever seen?? 
Luke seems to love it all too :)










No comments:

Post a Comment