Friday, September 23, 2011

Building Cupcake Confidence

You should already be aware of this, but I just can't resist an almost like stealin' deal. Had a little too much fun at Michaels last week (I will justify it by informing you that I used giftcards and several coupons!!!). Seriously though, I spent a looong time comparing items & getting the best of the best. Cody called me mid-way through to make sure I was still alive, I was there that long.  I turned into a 5 year old at the toy store. I thought for sure Dr. Phil was going to pop up and counsel me for getting so hyped up in there. 
But he didn't. Thankfully. It was quite the shopping trip.

Paula Deen cupcake liners-50 per pack ($0.30 each!)
Cupcake punch for $5.60 (30% off regular price)
In keeping with the cupcake theme, A SPLURGE! I had a 50% off any regular priced item coupon..trouble was it seemed like the entire store was 30% off already, so I made my rounds and finally settled on this glorious set of Wilton decorating tips. The best part? It's normally priced $50--and I got it for $25 with my coupon! Yippeee!! It also included a plastic organizing case (normally $8). Seeee???
Yay for organization! And now it's time to get to work on my cupcake skills..Here's a slightly off-colored pic of my most recent practice session with my mother-in-law.
Slowly, but surely, I will get there. For now, they consistently taste good, which to be honest is sliiightly more important, right???


2 comments:

  1. I love walking around Michael's too--Hayley and I spent almost an hour in there a couple of weeks ago. Fun mother-daughter date for us! I almost bought some of those muffin liners as well, but then I remembered I have a lot to use at home. :) Your cupcakes look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect mother-daughter date! :)

    ReplyDelete