Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Bucket List

There is so much business and self-mandated have-to's during this season which usually leave me feeling completely frazzled. So I thought I would make a list of what I want to be sure I accomplish and stick to just that. I don't want to be the stressball on Christmas Eve crying over burnt white chocolate and chex-mix. Yes, that has happened. I think it's happened to us all, right??


Cut down & decorate a Christmas tree
Decorate the house inside & out 
Make something to put into the jam and pasta sauce jars I've hoarded all year (chexmix? sugar scrub?)
Spend time with family
Celebrate my brother Joey's birthday (without Christmas distractions!!)
Send out Christmas cards
Host a holiday event in our home
Go to a Christmas program (either visit our old church or a new local one, both?) and remember the reason for this season!


I think this is a manageable plan. Especially with two things already accomplished! Our Christmas cards are in, just need to be addressed and I have a Favorite Things party planned with a few girlfriends. Feels good to accomplish one of my millions of pins on Pinterest as well! I also received a $250 rebate from Comcast when we moved over summer and that went to great use in purchasing Christmas gifts. I have three more people to shop for. The whole handmade thing just didn't happen this year, but I did purchase quite a few things that were handmade or vintage off Ebay and Etsy. That's gotta count for something.



Do you have anything you absolutelymustdo this season?






No comments:

Post a Comment