Friday, November 4, 2011

Cornbread Stuffing

Thanksgiving is 19 days away! AHHH! What are you making to contribute to the feast? I've got my eye on trying something new. I know, it's pretty risky. See, there's two crowds at Thanksgiving, Team 1 wants all traditional or same things as last year and then there's Team 2 (me!) who likes to tweak and try new things. So I'm thinking I will make this Cornbread Stuffing in a small quantity so that the stuck in routine traditional appetites will still have the same old stuffing. Cornbread pretty much goes with any meal in my book, so why not Thanksgiving? I'm sure this not a new idea in the history of the world, but it's new for me and I can't wait to try it. The basic recipe for cornbread (Albers' is my favorite) is easy to manipulate if you want to use wheat flower and/or wheat germ or whatever flour you prefer. I've seen several recipes for this, and I haven't yet decided which one I'm 
going to follow. But here are a couple of  pictures & links
 if you're interested in giving one of them a shot!

Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing (recipe here)

Cornbread and Apple Stuffing (recipe here)

What new recipes are you trying this year? I will definitely be updating you all with which recipe I end up doing and of course how it goes over with everyone. Crossing my fingers for success!




No comments:

Post a Comment