Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Eyeglass Drawer Pulls

Transforming junk into something useful & non-cluttery makes me feel so green. :) Here's a fun little project I came across--DIY drawer pulls. Putting a personal touch on your furniture, whether store bought, hand-me-down or thrift find is a must. Customizing through hardware such as a drawer pull is a quick option and it's super easy, you don't even need power tools!

So for this project you will need the following (I haven't actually done this myself yet, but here is what I would gather to get it going): Several pairs of old eyeglasses, paint (in case you're good at that sort of thing), paper of varied texture & colors (tissue paper, magazine clippings, etc), mod podge (for decoupaging), scissors and krazy glue (to glue your new knob on top of the one already on the drawer).
                  
Old eyeglasses $3.99 (Goodwill)
I would look for Harry Potter style round glasses, but that's just me :)

And here's an example of all an eyeglass can be!

I really love this idea. I will certainly post photos & tips when I actually get around to doin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment