Thursday, May 26, 2011

Moving Sense

 We're moving to another home again and I thought I'd post a quickie moving tip: LABEL EVERYTHING. I'm sure most of you already do this, but I am so learning the important of this right now. In an effort to be proactive and not be the crazy lady running around thowing things in boxes at the last minute, I started packing waaay early--like 3 weeks before moving. My plan was to pack things I don't use all that often. Well, I packed a really cute pair of shoes early. And now I have to live without them for a few weeks since they're already in storage. BUMMER. This did get me thinking though on how to make moving a bit less stressful. One biggie is to label all your boxes with the following: which room it belongs to (kitchen, bath, etc.), contents (pots & pans, purses--yes I have a whole box of purses...) and if its breakable (as in GLASS!). Here's what I mean for those of you visual learners like myself:


Also, in an effort to possibly use less boxes, I've been making my towels work (kitchen & bath & cleaning) by wrapping the breakables in them. You could also use placemats, tablecloths, cloth napkins, etc. for this double duty. Hopefully it works--my little helper is looking concerned...



No comments:

Post a Comment