Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Going green, one page at a time

I'm a bit of a slow mover when it comes to converting my lifestyle to being 'greener'. I recycle my cans & bottles, and reuse them when I can, gave cleaning with vinegar a try, shop at thrift stores and flea markets. Now I have a Pinterest account. I'm not convinced that this will replace my need for magazines and the satisfaction of tearing and book marking pages (sometimes whole sections). Kind of like how e-readers can't quite replace the joy of reading a old book with worn pages with scribbled notes and underlinings. But maybe, just maybe it will keep me from tearing pages out of magazines and instead I can pin them on one of my Pinterest moodboards and then I can pass my magazines around to friends to borrow or donate them to a doctors office or something. Maybe. Just maybe.



GO GREEN,

BUY VINTAGE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment