Saturday, May 21, 2011

Goodwill Glassware

I always like to stock up on a few spare vases  for when I give flowers as a gift. It's awkward to have them wondering if the vase was part of the gift too. So to avoid any confusion, I make sure to tell them "Keep the vase!". To keep this from getting pricey, I get my spare vases from the Goodwill. They're usually about $1 each, and you totally wouldn't know it! Sorry to spoil it those of you who I've given flowers too! :) These vases below though, wow, aren't they fabulous? They're $2.49 each, certainly more than I typically like to spend, but man I think they are definately worth it! Plus, there a bit smaller so I won't be spending as much money on flowers to fill them with. And it's a great way to "Make it work!" as Tim Gunn would say :)


This pitcher set below also caught my attention. Honestly, I don't care too much for the glasses, they are more suited for votive candles than drinks due to their size, but the pitcher is really striking. The whole set was listed for $7.99. Not bad, not bad at all.

So if you weren't convinced before, you certainly know now that your local Goodwill is worth a visit! Would love to hear what you guys have found as well. Happy Hunting!



No comments:

Post a Comment