Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lemon & Herb Chicken Dinner

Finally remembered to take a picture of dinner last week. I get all into my chopping & mixing & baking & boiling in the evenings and go into my own little world of herbs & olive oil that I forget to include a recipe here everynow and then. Here's an easy, nutritous and oh-so-good weeknight meal for y'all!

1) Place chicken breast in gallon sized baggie in the AM drizzled with your oil of choice (usually olive or grapeseed oil for me). Sprinkle with oregano, thyme & garlic and stick it in the fridge for the day.
2) Preheat oven to 350, place chicken in it w/ freshly sliced lemon atop of it. Cook times vary depending on how much you're making, but usually it takes around 30 minutes.


3) While the chicken is cooking whip up a salad. Mine usually contains spinach, iceberg & butter lettuce, carrot, tomato (I always slice an extra and sprinkle w/ salt for the inescapable making-dinner-munchies), sugar snap peas, broccoli and avocado (unfortunately I was out on this particular evening). And a healthy sprinkling of freshly grated parmesean is always needed for cheese lover like myself.


Oh and my hubby made that cutting board, isn't it a beauty? 
Yes, you are jealous and its ok :)

And look at that, the chicken is done! Maybe it was the camera, but I was feeling a little extra pumped and made some pasta and alfredo sauce to go with our meal also.  And it was so very, very good, I think I shall make this again tonight after seeing all these photos again!





No comments:

Post a Comment